This Comment Mail release candidate includes 1 minor fix and 9 enhancements. You can download and try out this release using the links below. Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.
Downloading and Installing
Comment Mail Lite beta testers: Download Comment Mail Lite v160211-RC Release Candidate
Comment Mail Pro beta testers: Download Comment Mail Pro v160211-RC Release Candidate (you must be logged into your account at Comment-Mail.com to access this download)
Installing the Release Candidate
- Deactivate and Delete any existing Comment Mail plugin via Dashboard -> Plugins
- Download the release candidate using the link above
- Install the release candidate you downloaded by going to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and selecting the downloaded zip file
- Activate Comment Mail
Changelog for Comment Mail v160211-RC
- Minor Fix: Fixed a spelling mistake in one of the default email templates. Props @kristineds @RealDavidoff. See Issue #208.
- Enhancement: Moved the default location for the Subscriptions Meta Box on the Post Edit screen so that it shows up underneath the post editing area instead of above the Publish box. See Issue #57.
- Enhancement: Removed an irrelevant and confusing note from the Add New Subscription page. Props @kristineds @RealDavidoff. See Issue #207.
- Enhancement: Improved the front-end Edit Subscription form and removed the "x" in on the Status and Deliver fields that allowed clearing those fields, which did not make sense since both of those fields are required. Props @kristineds. See Issue #195.
- Enhancement: Improved the way some links work by opening on-site links in current tab, and external links in new tab. Props @RealDavidoff @kristineds @renzms. See Issue #202.
- Enhancement: Improved front-end pages and email templates by using
<em>(emphasis) tags instead of quotation marks in various areas. Props @RealDavidoff @renzms. See Issue #201.
- Enhancement: When Subscribing Without Commenting, the Add New Subscription form now pre-populates the Name and Email address fields whenever possible. Props @kristineds. See Issue #204.
- Enhancement: Improved the consistency of how we refer to the "instant" delivery option by replacing any occurrences "asap" with "instantly". These names were previously being mixed. We now use "instantly". Props @RealDavidoff @renzms @kristineds. See Issue #206.
- Enhancement: Added the installed version number to the plugin options pages. Props @kristineds. See Issue #187.
- Enhancement: Improved the organization of navigation links on the plugin options pages. Props @kristineds. See Issue #187.
Please note that when this version leaves beta and an official release is made, the Comment Mail Pro Plugin Updater will automatically detect the new version and ask you to upgrade. You must configure the Pro Plugin Updater (Dashboard -> Comment Mail -> Plugin Updater) to be notified when there is a new official release. If you are running Comment Mail Lite, the WordPress plugin updater will automatically notify you when a General Availability release is made to WordPress.org.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.