This Comment Mail release candidate includes 2 bug fixes, 3 enhancements, and an SEO improvement. You can download and try out this release using the links below. Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.
Downloading and Installing
Comment Mail Lite beta testers: Download Comment Mail Lite v160813-RC Release Candidate
Comment Mail Pro beta testers: Download Comment Mail Pro v160813-RC Release Candidate (you must be logged into your account at Comment-Mail.com to access this download)
Installing the Release Candidate
- Deactivate and Delete any existing Comment Mail plugin via Dashboard -> Plugins
- Download the release candidate using the link above
- Install the release candidate you downloaded by going to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and selecting the downloaded zip file
- Activate Comment Mail
Changelog for Comment Mail v160813-RC
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where the "My Comment Subscriptions" link would appear on the Add New Subscription page (when Subscribing without Commenting) and would lead to a page that displayed an error message stating that there were no subscriptions to list. That link is now hidden when there are no subscriptions to list. Props @Reedyseth @kristineds. See Issue #229.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Removed an erroneous anchor tag in the Advanced Template for Comment Notification Message Body. Props @kristineds. See Issue #287.
- UI Enhancement: Improved the nav bar at the top of the options pages to reduce unnecessary whitespace. Also moved the Restore button to the nav bar so that it's not so prominent. Props @renzms. See Issue #284.
- UI Enhancement: Added links to the Comment Mail Twitter and Facebook pages to the nav bar on the options page. Props @renzms. See Issue #286.
- UX Enhancement: Removed IP address information from email notification templates to better comply with data protection laws in certain countries. Props @kristineds. See Issue #288.
- SEO Improvement: Added
rel="nofollow"to the "Subscribe without Commenting" link and "Manage Subscriptions" link on the comment subscription form to avoid indexing or transferring PageRank. Props @IvanRF. See Issue #80.
- Removed several development-only files from the distributable that were inadvertently included during the build process. See Issue #285.
- Added Renz Sevilla (
renzms) to the contributors list.
Please note that when this version leaves beta and an official release is made, the Comment Mail Pro Plugin Updater will automatically detect the new version and ask you to upgrade. You must configure the Pro Plugin Updater (Dashboard -> Comment Mail -> Plugin Updater) to be notified when there is a new official release. If you are running Comment Mail Lite, the WordPress plugin updater will automatically notify you when a General Availability release is made to WordPress.org.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.