Comment Mail v160818 was released on August 18th, 2016 and includes 2 bug fixes, 3 enhancements, and an SEO improvement.
Changelog for Comment Mail v160818
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where the "My Comment Subscriptions" link would appear on the Add New Subscription page (when Subscribing without Commenting) and would lead to a page that displayed an error message stating that there were no subscriptions to list. That link is now hidden when there are no subscriptions to list. Props @Reedyseth @kristineds. See Issue #229.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Removed an erroneous anchor tag in the Advanced Template for Comment Notification Message Body. Props @kristineds. See Issue #287.
- UI Enhancement: Improved the nav bar at the top of the options pages to reduce unnecessary whitespace. Also moved the Restore button to the nav bar so that it's not so prominent. Props @renzms. See Issue #284.
- UI Enhancement: Added links to the Comment Mail Twitter and Facebook pages to the nav bar on the options page. Props @renzms. See Issue #286.
- UX Enhancement: Removed IP address information from email notification templates to better comply with data protection laws in certain countries. Props @kristineds. See Issue #288.
- SEO Improvement: Added
rel="nofollow"to the "Subscribe without Commenting" link and "Manage Subscriptions" link on the comment subscription form to avoid indexing or transferring PageRank. Props @IvanRF. See Issue #80.
- Removed several development-only files from the distributable that were inadvertently included during the build process. See Issue #285.
- Added Renz Sevilla (
renzms) to the contributors list.
Upgrading to the Latest Version
Comment Mail Lite users should receive an update notification from within their WordPress Dashboard (Dashboard → Updates).
Comment Mail Pro users who have configured the Plugin Updater (Dashboard → Comment Mail → Pro Updater) should receive a notification to upgrade on the WordPress Dashboard. If you have not configured the Pro Updater, you can download the latest version of Comment Mail Pro by logging into your Comment-Mail.com account here. You'll find a download link for the latest version on your Account page. There's also a Release Archive if you need to access previous versions of Comment Mail.