This Comment Mail release candidate includes 1 bug fix, 1 enhancement, PHP v7 compatibility detection, new SparkPost integration for the Replies via Email feature (Pro-only), and a new MailChimp integration feature (Pro-only). You can download and try out this release using the links below. Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.
Downloading and Installing
Comment Mail Lite beta testers: Download Comment Mail Lite v161110-RC Release Candidate
Comment Mail Pro beta testers: Download Comment Mail Pro v161110-RC Release Candidate (you must be logged into your account at Comment-Mail.com to access this download)
Installing the Release Candidate
- Deactivate and Delete any existing Comment Mail plugin via Dashboard -> Plugins
- Download the release candidate using the link above
- Install the release candidate you downloaded by going to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and selecting the downloaded zip file
- Activate Comment Mail
Changelog for Comment Mail v161110-RC
- Bug Fix: Exclude unapproved comments from the dropdown menu on the 'Subscribe Without Commenting' form. See Issue #299.
- Enhancement: When parsing templates, this release uses
eval()whenever possible. This improves compatibility with shared hosting providers and makes it easier to debug template parsing issues should they occur. See Issue #192.
- PHP v7 Compatibility: After further testing, it was found that while Comment Mail is compatible with PHP v7.0, you must be running PHP v7.0.9+. Starting with this release of Comment Mail if you're running PHP v7 < 7.0.9 a warning is displayed in the WordPress Dashboard asking the site owner to upgrade to PHP v7.0.9 or higher. Note: While PHP v7.0.9 is adequate, PHP v7.0.10 is strongly recommended. See Issue #272.
- New SparkPost Integration (Pro): It is now possible to use SparkPost for Replies-via-Email (RVE) instead of Mandrill. Note that SparkPost is now the suggested RVE Handler for Comment Mail because Mandrill changed its pricing structure a while back. In short, Mandrill requires a fee, whereas SparkPost (recommended) offers Relay Webhooks as a part of their free plan. See Issue #265.
- New Feature (Pro): Adding support for MailChimp integration. It is now possible to give users the option of subscribing to your site-wide mailing list whenever they leave a comment or reply; i.e., in addition to subscribing to comment reply notifications they can also join your MailChimp mailing list. See Issue #114.
Please note that when this version leaves beta and an official release is made, the Comment Mail Pro Plugin Updater will automatically detect the new version and ask you to upgrade. You must configure the Pro Plugin Updater (Dashboard -> Comment Mail -> Plugin Updater) to be notified when there is a new official release. If you are running Comment Mail Lite, the WordPress plugin updater will automatically notify you when a General Availability release is made to WordPress.org.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.