Comment Mail v161118 was released on November 18th, 2016 and includes 1 bug fix, 1 enhancement, PHP v7 compatibility detection, new SparkPost integration for the Replies via Email feature (Pro-only), and a new MailChimp integration feature (Pro-only).
New Feature: MailChimp Integration
The Pro version of Comment Mail now includes a MailChimp Integration, allowing you to specify a MailChimp List that visitors can choose to subscribe to when leaving a comment on your site. Users can now subscribe to the comments themselves and to your entire blog, or any other MailChimp List that you specify.
Changelog for Comment Mail v160818
- Bug Fix: Exclude unapproved comments from the dropdown menu on the 'Subscribe Without Commenting' form. See Issue #299.
- Enhancement: When parsing templates, this release uses
eval()whenever possible. This improves compatibility with shared hosting providers and makes it easier to debug template parsing issues should they occur. See Issue #192.
- PHP v7 Compatibility: After further testing, it was found that while Comment Mail is compatible with PHP v7.0, you must be running PHP v7.0.9+. Starting with this release of Comment Mail if you're running PHP v7 < 7.0.9 a warning is displayed in the WordPress Dashboard asking the site owner to upgrade to PHP v7.0.9 or higher. Note: While PHP v7.0.9 is adequate, PHP v7.0.10 is strongly recommended. See Issue #272.
- New SparkPost Integration (Pro): It is now possible to use SparkPost for Replies-via-Email (RVE) instead of Mandrill. Note that SparkPost is now the suggested RVE Handler for Comment Mail because Mandrill changed its pricing structure a while back. In short, Mandrill requires a fee, whereas SparkPost (recommended) offers Relay Webhooks as a part of their free plan. See Issue #265.
- New Feature (Pro): Adding support for MailChimp integration. It is now possible to give users the option of subscribing to your site-wide mailing list whenever they leave a comment or reply; i.e., in addition to subscribing to comment reply notifications they can also join your MailChimp mailing list. See Issue #114.
Props to everyone who helped with this release, including @kristineds, @renzms, @jaswsinc, IvanRF, @lucashall, @bobinoz, @aptharsia, and our 8 Beta Testers!
Upgrading to the Latest Version
Comment Mail Lite users should receive an update notification from within their WordPress Dashboard (Dashboard → Updates).
Comment Mail Pro users who have configured the Plugin Updater (Dashboard → Comment Mail → Pro Updater) should receive a notification to upgrade on the WordPress Dashboard. If you have not configured the Pro Updater, you can download the latest version of Comment Mail Pro by logging into your Comment-Mail.com account here. You'll find a download link for the latest version on your Account page. There's also a Release Archive if you need to access previous versions of Comment Mail.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub. If you are a Comment Mail Pro user and require priority support, please open a support ticket here.