Comment Mail v161213 was released on December 13th, 2016 and includes 7 bug fixes, 2 new features, and 2 accessibility improvements.
New Feature: Process Queue Manually
It is now possible to manually process the outgoing mail queue. Processing the queue manually is not a requirement, as the queue is processed automatically behind the scenes, but if you don't want to wait, processing the queue manually is now possible.
New Feature: Comment Clipping Options
It is now possible to enable / disable comment content clipping in comment notification emails. If you prefer that email notifications include the full original comment content in raw HTML instead of being clipped and displayed in the email as plain text, this is now possible. See: WordPress Dashboard → Comment Mail → Config. Options → Email Notification Clips.
Changelog for Comment Mail v161213
- Bug Fix: Prevent browser autocomplete in Comment Mail options. See Issue #319.
- Bug Fix: Searching by email address alone should always narrow to the search to that specific email address and not result in any fuzzy or fulltext matching. See Issue #226.
- Bug Fix: The conflict check for 'Subscribe to Comments Reloaded' was not working in the previous release; i.e., if you attempt to activate both Comment Mail and the 'Subscribe to Comments Reloaded' plugin at the same, this should result in a Dashboard warning. Fixed in this release. See Issue #315.
- Bug Fix: Notify 'Subscribe to Comments Reloaded' users about the comment form template being disabled under certain scenarios. See Issue #314.
- Bug Fix: Do not attempt to import 'Subscribe to Comments Reloaded' (StCR) settings if StCR is no longer installed, even if old StCR options exist in the database. See Issue #294.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Do not show SparkPost partner image when Mandrill is selected as the RVE handler. See Issue #318.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Conflict checks between lite and pro corrected. This was not working properly in the previous release; i.e., installing Comment Mail Pro when Comment Mail Lite is already running should result in Comment Mail Lite being deactivated automatically. See Issue #270.
- New Feature: It is now possible to manually process the outgoing mail queue. See: WordPress Dashboard → Comment Mail → Mail Queue. See also Issue #282.
- New Feature (Pro): In Comment Mail Pro it is now possible to enable/disable comment content clipping entirely; e.g., if you prefer that email notifications include the full original comment content in raw HTML instead of being clipped and displayed in the email as plain text. See: WordPress Dashboard → Comment Mail → Config. Options → Email Notification Clips. See also: Issue #281.
- Accessibility: This release improves screen reader accessibility by adding
aria-hidden="true"to all FontAwesome icons. See Issue #304.
- Accessibility: This release improves screen reader accessibility by offering a new setting that allows a site owner to enable or disable select menu option enhancement via jQuery. Disabling select menu option enhancement has the benefit of improving accessibility for screen readers whenever accessibility is of more concern than presentation. See: WordPress Dashboard → Comment Mail → Config Options → Misc. UI-Related Settings. See also Issue #304.
Upgrading to the Latest Version
Comment Mail Lite users should receive an update notification from within their WordPress Dashboard (Dashboard → Updates).
Comment Mail Pro users who have configured the Plugin Updater (Dashboard → Comment Mail → Pro Updater) should receive a notification to upgrade on the WordPress Dashboard. If you have not configured the Pro Updater, you can download the latest version of Comment Mail Pro by logging into your Comment-Mail.com account here. You'll find a download link for the latest version on your Account page. There's also a Release Archive if you need to access previous versions of Comment Mail.